maandag 3 mei 2010

A resume

It has been a year since I set out on my great voyage and landed in this beautiful country. As they say, time flies when you're enjoying yourself and I have to admit, this year went by so fast, I don't know how I realised to do all the things I did. I thought it might be a nice moment to summarise my year here, make a small resume. Many things happened because I try to maintain a positive attitude and say yes to many proposals. Life is too short to say no to everything and it won't get you anywhere. If you want to gain some life experience, go outside and say yes. I went many miles and they left some impressions on me.
I got drinks from the richest people in Bangkok and bought drinks for the poorest. I had my own opinions and was the subject of several opinions. I taught new matter and learned a lot myself. I woke up in five-star hotel rooms which I didn't have to pay and opened my eyes in the slums of this great city. I met interesting people and people who wished they hadn't met me. I made great friendships and got verbally abused. I became a racist and embraced other cultures. I almost died and found a new life. I led a life covered in darkness and found a way to enlightenment. I could go on and on about all my new experiences, but this would get to monotonous and you would stop reading. And as all of you know, I try to keep this interesting, although a little bit. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just beware where you express them. The only lesson I want to teach you today is to go out and live a little. You only get one chance at life, make it count.

One chance.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten